COMPANY BACKGROUND & PROFILE FOR ETHERIDGE CONSTRUCTION
The company was formed in 1982, initially as a sole trader, by managing director, Mike Etheridge. The company was incorporated in 1999.
We are an EXOR accredited supplier to Public Sector Authorities, NHBC Resitered, CHAS accredited and a Worksafe Contractor as recognised by Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP).
We work in all sectors of the industry - residential, commercial, industrial and educational.
Our projects have included multi-phase regeneration schemes, retirement homes, apartment block, school refurbishments, new build developments, cottage and barn conversions.
We have a work force of approximately 200 trades people supported by a team of quantity surveyors, supervisors and managers.
- All of our site workers hold the appropriate Construction Skills Certifications Scheme (CSCS) card.
- All of our scaffolders hold the appropriate Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS) card.
- All of our site supervisors have successfully completed and have been awarded the Construction Site Supervisors Safety Certificate (SSSTS).
- All of our site managers have successfully completed and have been awarded the Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate (SMSTS).
Having introduced a scaffolding division in 2007, we are able to fully support any bricklaying contracts or operate as a stand alone service.
We own a wide range of modern plant and equipment including scaffolding.
Our customers include most of the UK's major house builders, specifically:
- Bovis Homes, Charles Church, Churchill Retirement Living, Crest Nicholson, David Wilson Homes, Elan Homes, Kier Partnership Homes, Redcliffe Homes and Taylor Wimpey.
Additionally, we have successfully completed contarcts/ projects for:
- Gloucestershire County Council, The Forestry Commission and many individual customers.
The areas in which we operate cover, generally the region from Swindon through to Bristol, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester, Birmingham, Hereford, Monmouth and throughout South Wales.
Prices to starting any project, detailed Risk Assessments are carried out and Safe Methods of Working documented.
Annual turnover is approximately £6,500,000.